Sriracha BBQ/Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry
So if you’ve noticed by now, most of my recipes seem to exclude meat. Of recent, I have tried to eat a more plant based diet, even though I still consume fish for my recommended intake of omega-3 fatty acids. Most of my meals do contain other sources high in protein, so that in essence I am eating a well-balanced meal.
As you already know, I try to make sure that the meals I cook on the weekend don’t take up too much of my time as I have other things to do, as we all. Tofu has kind of become a staple in my diet, as it is super high in protein. But trust me, I know most people aren’t a fan because of the texture and taste. And there is nothing else that annoys me than seeing meals with tofu that are under-seasoned and basically looks like you’re eating the white spongy tofu out of the packet.
Tofu is basically somewhat like a sponge, so it can soak up your seasoning and flavor and taste absolutely delish! This week I wanted to share a tofu recipe that is full of flavor that even meat lovers would enjoy. So I do hope that you all love this one.
Serving of 5
TERYAKI /BBQ TOFU
1 packet or block of extra firm sprouted tofu
1/3 cup of Trader Joe’s island Soyaki Sauce
5 tablespoons of Trader Joe’s organic Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tsp of onion salt
1 tsp of garlic power
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Using paper towel or a large kitchen towel, dry the block of tofu by wrapping it up and pressing out all of the water. When it is dry, cut it into bite size cubes.
2. On a baking sheet, place and mix cornstarch with onion and garlic powder.
3. Coat the marinated tofu with the cornstarch evenly. Continuously sprinkle and toss the tofu until it appears gummy.
4. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and let the tofu pieces brown on each side for about 4 minutes.
5. Add in the teriyaki and bbq sauce and mix well.
STIR FRY VEGGIES
(All items from Trader Joe’s)
1 pkt of Broccoli
½ pkt of Shredded Carrots
1 pkt of Shredded Cabbage
½ Purple Onion
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
1. In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Dice purple onions into medium size squares
3. Add vegetables to heated oil and stir fry for 15 minutes or until vegetables are as soft as you would like. Season with salt.
4. Serve over bed of rice
I hope you all enjoy this week’s meal prep recipe!